Parents Get Involved
Maple Street has always been devoted to harnessing the energy in the collective commitment to strong partnerships between parents, teachers, staff and students. To enrich the environment and program we depend on your willingness to participate in school-wide fundraising ventures, your unbounded enthusiasm, and some parent volunteer work.
We recognize that parents are engaged at different levels of commitment to their jobs, community organizations, and to the life of the family itself, and that not every parent will be able to help us in every way.
However, we do ask the following of every parent:
• Come to special events which involve your children.
• Make parent conferences a priority in your schedule.
• Communicate your thoughts, ideas and concerns to your child’s teacher as soon as they arise.
• Participate with other parents in fund raising events to support the scholarship fund.
• Contribute according to your means to the Annual Fund which supports the annual budget.
Parent Association Mission Statement
To create and support a sense of community and school spirit among parents at Maple Street School and enrich the lives of the students, the Parent Association will serve:
• to enrich the school community by sponsoring social events for parents and families,
• to provide a forum for the Head of School which can serve to promote problem solving on parent concerns through identification of issues, brainstorming activities, and the support of action plans,
• to support the school by sponsoring, organizing and encouraging full participation in one or more fund-raising activities for the Annual Fund,
• to assist in identifying parent volunteers to serve on Parent Association committees to organize enrichment activities, community service and fund raising events.